Monday, January 31, 2011

Mustache Cup

Where, exactly does one put a paper mustache collection? Hmmmmm. . . .


I made mustaches for my daughters (yup) awhile back by tracing mustaches (from mustache templates, wouldn't ya know) onto pretty scrapbook paper, cutting 'em out and hot-gluing 'em onto little craft sticks. My girls LOVE dress-up and a mustache collection just seemed like a must-have all of a sudden.

Come on. . . you want 'em, too. I KNOW you do!


But where to put 'em. . . .? Too fragile to toss into the dress-up bin for sure.

I found these wood candle holders at GoodWill (I think I paid $3 for the pair). One had a tall glass with a half-melted candle inside it, the other was empty. I had to break the glass to get the candle out, then I just ModPodged cute paper to the inside of the candle holder to cover the holes (so stuff doesn't fall out. . . plus the inside is kind of ugly and I doubted my ability to match the paint). It was a bit too tall, so I dropped an empty yogurt cup in to the top and it was a PERFECT fit--hurray.

And: ta-da!  We have a pretty way to display our mustache collection, on top of the book shelf in my living room. It proudly stands next to our wooden dominoes sets and framed kids' art. . . and below my NEXT project: our Reward Center, which I'll post on next!


And the twin of my mustache cup is my MUCH-anticipated bookmark holder. Sits on my brand new (to me) bedroom dresser.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment