Friday, February 25, 2011

Alphabet Wall

I have a large wall in my dining room that needed a little help. I had three large, framed pieces of art (ok--they were framed finger-paints that my kids did a couple years ago, we're THAT fancy, lol). But the space just didn't seem filled.

So I took an idea from one of my favorite blogs and came up with a very BIG, very simple and cheap solution that's PERFECT for any home, but especially perfect for a home with little ones running around. The inspiration in the above blog is MUCH better, but we don't have a saw. . . or anywhere to paint. . . and this is a rental-house, so I don't want to put too many holes in the wall. So this is my cheap-skate version.

Meet my Alphabet Wall. Printed onto pretty scrapbook paper, traced circles using a dinner plate, cut and scotch-taped to the wall.


Such an easy and pleasing way to fill the wall and my older daughter uses it for reference, now that she's started writing.

And our old finger-painted masterpieces have a new, more appropriate home in the girls' bedroom:



.

No comments:

Post a Comment