Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fragile Hearts

And, I'm a bit late, but HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



My simple Valentine's decor for my mantle. I'm definitely going to do variations on this theme throughout the year. Doesn't get much more simple (or cheap) to cut paper hearts!  I was GOING to take all the left-overs and scraps and sting 'em together for some garland or to hang from fishing line from the chandelier over our dining room table. But I got sick, or a kid got sick, or SOMEthing got in my way. That's life. Maybe I'll save 'em all for next year!



Anyway, we carried this theme over to kiddie-land. I cut hearts for my 5-year-old and she made valentines for the kids in her class. I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" (I have awful handwriting, but I wasn't going to waste printer ink on a Kindergarten class who won't even notice) on one heart, "To:" on another and "From:" on a third. Bright Pink, Blue and Green. Then my daughter filled 'em out with the appropriate names in the appropriate places and we glued 'em together. She passed 'em out at her school party (along with a Valentine's pencil so we don't seem so scroogy).





Then we had a romantic dinner of pizza and buffalo wings at a table set with all kinds of romantic nonsense from the dollar store--heart plates, cups, balloons and confetti EVERYwhere. Oh yeah, and my eldest daughter decided to be Batgirl. Sigh.


But the BEST creative-thing about this Valentine's Day? I made the best. drink. ever: Strawberry Crush (that's pop--or "soda" if you're not from Michigan, lol) with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. That's some good stuff.

Much love to you and all your loves!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment